1 whole chicken, 5 lbs., cut into 8 -10 pieces
1/2 head of garlic, peeled and finely pureed
2 TB dried oregano
Freshly ground pepper
1/4 cup re-wine vinegar
1/4 cup olive oil
1/2 cup pitted prunes
1/4 cup pitted Spanish olives
1/4 cup capers with a bit of juice
3 bay leaves
1/2 cups white wine
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 TB Italian parsley, finely chopped
1. Combine chicken, garlic, oregano, salt, pepper, vinegar, olive oil, prunes, olives, capers and bay leaves in a large bowl.
Cover bowl and marinate overnight.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
3. Place chicken in large, shallow baking pan, and spoon marinade over it evenly.
4. Pour white wine over the chicken, and sprinkle with brown sugar.
5. Bake for 50 to 60 minutes, basting frequently with pan juices.
6. transfer chicken, prunes, olives and capers to serving platter with a slotted spoon.
Moisten with pan juices and sprinkle with parsley.